Cities we Service:
Anyone who has owned a car at some point understands that routine maintenance is important. This means rotating the tires regularly, changing the oil, and fixing the brakes as necessary. Unfortunately, acute problems can arise as well. What happens when that check engine light comes on? What about when the transmission goes out? Sometimes, this could be a problem with the computer system of the car. The car's computers serve a wide variety of functions that keep all of the electrical and mechanical parts in the car working together in sync. If a problem arises with one of the car's computer systems, it can be a challenge to get the car to carry out the functions that people rely on every day. For this reason, it is important to address any issues with the car's computer systems are quick as possible because they might spiral out of control.
If you are in need of repairs on your car and/or truck, contact Ace Auto. We are experienced in the field of computer testing and replacement and are located conveniently in West Jordan, Utah. What are some of the computers in a car and what do they do?
Types of Computer Systems in a Car
There are several different types of computers in the car and all of these computers are vital to ensuring that the car has an optimal performance. Some of these computers include:
- Engine Control Unit: The engine control unit (ECU) is also commonly called the engine control module (ECM). This is an electronic control unit monitors the combustion of the fuel in the engine. This unit tries to optimize this performance to make sure that the car gets every bit of power out of every ounce of fuel. ECU testing is typically geared towards looking at the series of actuators to make sure that they are working properly.
- Transmission Control Unit: The transmission control unit (TCU) controls how the car shifts between different gears, including drive and reverse. TCU repair will focus on how a car shifts between gears.
- Powertrain Control Module: The powertrain control module is the chief control unit of the vehicle. The PCM governs the ECU and TCU, along with close to 100 other functions of the vehicle. PCM repair will focus on the coordination of all of these modules.
Signs that the Car's Computers Need to be Replaced
There are a lot of different signs that car ECU or auto computer replacement is necessary. Some of the common issues include:
- A difficulty with the vehicle shifting between park, drive, reverse, and neutral
- Problems with the vehicle shifting between gears
- A sudden decline in the fuel efficiency of the car, marked by people filling up their gas tank more
- Consistent problem and warning lights on the dashboard despite the car being inspected and having no issues otherwise
- A clicking sound in the transmission
- Strange fumes coming out of the exhaust
Ace Auto can Test and Replace Automotive Computer Systems in West Jordan, Utah
Ultimately, issues with the car diagnostic computer can arise in any number of manners. For this reason, it is important to see a professional to have vehicle computer diagnostic services performed. Auto computer services should include computer diagnostics circuit board.
If the car's computer systems are broken, this can have an impact on the overall value of the car and the problems could get worse. In some cases, a defective computer system might even total the car itself. Because of this, contact Ace Auto in West Jordan, Utah today. We provide a variety of computer testing and replacements. Our friendly professionals are standing by to take your call.