Transmission Repair Shop in Utah
At Ace Auto Repair, our goal is to provide our customers with exceptional service and dependable, trustworthy mechanics who are skilled in clutch and transmission repairs. Our expert technicians take pride in their work and are dedicated to your satisfaction. If you are experiencing unusual sounds or behavior in your vehicle, we recommend you contact us today for reliable service you can count on, along with affordable prices.
Clutch & Transmission - What They Are, How They Work
Clutch - Basically, a clutch is essential in a vehicle with a manual transmission for changing gears; it engages or disengages all of the moving parts in the drive shaft. The engine in your car spins continuously when the engine is turned on, but the wheels don't. Because of this, it is necessary to disconnect the wheels from the engine in order to bring a manual transmission vehicle to a stop without the engine dying.
Transmission - In order for you to drive your vehicle at a certain speed, the wheels have to have power. This is the job of the transmission, which shifts gears and supplies the power to the wheels. In a manual transmission vehicle, the engine and transmission are disconnected when you push in the clutch to change gears. In an automatic transmission vehicle, the transmission shifts gears for you.
Clutch Repair: Common Clutch Problems
There are several issues that are fairly common with clutches. These issues include:
- A clutch that "sticks." When you push the clutch to the floor and it fails to return to its normal position, it indicates a problem that may require replacement of an external seal on the slave cylinder or clutch master.
- A clutch that "slips." Often times when your vehicle fails to move as it normally would or doesn't move at all, it indicates the clutch pedal needs adjustment or is worn. Clutches wear out over time, and may eventually require replacement.
- Gears not shifting smoothly. If you find it difficult to shift gears, it could indicate the clutch needs to be replaced. Problems shifting gears may be a sign of an electrical problem, or indicate wear/damage of an internal or external transmission component.
- Squealing, clicking, snapping, or other noise. When you hear excessive noises that are unusual, it could signal that the bearings need to be replaced, or the clutch linkage needs lubricating.
Transmission Repair: Common Transmission Problems
While clutches and transmissions often share the same noises, there are still problems that are unique to transmissions which can be overlooked if the clutch is working fine. These problems include:
- Gear slippage
- Humming, whining, clunking, or other strange noises
- Check engine light comes on
- Vehicle doesn't go into the proper gear immediately upon shifting
- When in neutral, the transmission makes noise
- Transmission fluid is low or leaking
- Grinding noise upon shifting gears, or shaking of your vehicle
- Burning odor, typically caused by overheated transmission fluid
- Difficulty changing gears due to dragging clutch - this is usually due to excess slack in the clutch pedal
Transmission Repair Services We Offer at Ace Auto
We aim to provide our customers with every level of transmission repair they need, whether it's something small or large that they need. Some of our services include:
- Transmission diagnostic services to diagnose existing problems
- Transmission flush to eliminate debris in your transmission
- Transmission fluid change
- Transmission replacement and clutch replacement
- Transmission and clutch repairs
If you're having an issue, reach out to us. We are always available to offer advice when you are having a problem.
Ace Auto Is a Trusted Transmission Service Shop in Utah
If you've been asking, "How do I find the best transmission shop near me?" We've got you covered. We strive to be not only fast and efficient with our services, we are also friendly, reliable, and honest in every job we handle. Our mechanics are ASE Certified, which means they each have had ongoing industry training in to keep up with the changes to the modern vehicles of today.
We are capable of working with just about any type of vehicle, and we are always honest about our limitations or what we can achieve. This is exactly why our clients have trusted us as the go-to transmission repair shop in Utah for a long time. Whether you need a basic transmission flush or something bigger like a rebuild or replacement, we can handle it.
We Keep Our Utah Transmission Services Affordable
It doesn't matter whether you need a full transmission replacement or just a transmission diagnostic test or transmission fluid change, we keep our services affordable. We offer free estimates to our clients so you know exactly how much we will charge when you first ask us about the transmission job you have. Throughout a repair process, we will let you know if we run into any issue that will drive up the cost and we will never do work to your clutch or transmission without your prior consent.
Contact Ace Auto's Transmission Repair Shop in Utah Today
Ignoring clutch and transmission issues could result in costly damage or your vehicle becoming completely inoperable. At Ace Auto Repair we treat your vehicle as if it were our own. Our expert technicians are the most trusted throughout the Salt Lake Valley, providing you with a wide array of services including brake repair, tune-ups, oil changes, engine rebuild and replacement, and much more. Contact us today at 801-803-6016, or complete our online form for a free repair quote. When it comes to your vehicle, never settle for less than the best!