What is an Engine Rebuild?
An engine rebuild, sometimes called an engine overhaul, is a process where an old engine is refurbished from the block up to make it like “new” again. Engines that are rebuilt are reconditioned by Ace Auto Repair technicians who are certified by the manufacturer to rebuild the motor.
Many people opt for an engine rebuild when it makes more economical sense than buying a new car. An engine overhaul allows you to get double the mileage out of the vehicle that you already own versus buying a new car with a higher price tag.
What is Done to Rebuild an Engine During an Overhaul?
An overhauled engine goes through a process that generally includes machining parts back to factory specifications and replacing important engine components using original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
The process of an engine rebuild generally includes but is not limited to:
- Removal of engine: The short block, or lower part of the engine, must be removed from the vehicle by disconnecting all fluid lines, electrical connections, engine bolts and mounts.
- Disassemble & Clean: Once removed, the engine must be taken apart so that components like the block, crankshaft, and other parts can be cleaned to properly assess damage to the engine
- Inspect: Trained technicians look for wear and tear on existing parts
- Repair & Replace: Once the damaged engine parts are determined, the engine parts will either get machined back to the original factory specifications or will be replaced with brand new OEM parts.
- Engine Re-assembly: After being repaired, the engine will be re-installed into the vehicle, everything will be reconnected, and required fluids will be filled.
- Testing of Engine: After the engine is replaced, mechanics will test the cooling system, the ignition, for proper fluid pressure, fluid leaks and more.
Engine Rebuild in West Jordan, Utah
Ace Auto Repair in West Jordan, Utah offers a 3 year unlimited mile warranty on re-manufactured engines of all makes and models. Our auto repair shop will give you free quotes on any main engine repair, and tips on making the best decision on your vehicle repair. For more information on an engine rebuild, contact Ace Auto Repair at (801) 803-6016 or fill out the contact form on this page.