Schedule an Oil Change Today!
One of the simplest and most effective ways to do this is by regularly changing your oil and oil filter. Not only does this prevent engine damage, but it also improves gas mileage and reduces harmful emissions. That's why we offer the best oil change service in West Jordan, Utah.
Click to jump to section:
- Why Your Car Needs Regular Oil Change
- How Often Should I Change My Oil?
- What are the Signs That I Need an Oil Change?
- Oil Contamination
- Types of Oil Available at Ace Auto Repair
- Ace Auto Repair Oil Change Service in West Jordan, Utah
- Oil Change Service in West Jordan, Utah
- Frequently Asked Questions About Oil Change Service
- Check the Ace Auto Loyalty Program for Oil Change Coupons
Trust us to keep your vehicle in tip-top shape, and contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Why Your Car Needs Regular Oil Change
Cars have dozens of moving parts. Moving parts need lubrication to operate efficiently, and that’s where oiling comes in. The engine, in particular, needs a lot of oil to operate at optimal levels. Oiling helps with the cooling of engine parts; it forms a seal between pistons, cylinder walls, and rings. It provides lubrication, reduces wear and tear, and lessens friction. It’s the impulse of life for the engine.
How Often Should I Change My Oil?
Regular oil changes are essential to keep your vehicle running smoothly and to extend its lifespan. The frequency of oil changes depends on your vehicle model, driving conditions, and the type of motor oil used.
As a general rule, most manufacturers recommend changing your oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or every three to six months, whichever comes first. Some newer cars and synthetic oils can go up to 10,000 miles or more between oil changes. It's always best to consult your vehicle owner's manual or a certified mechanic for specific recommendations. Neglecting to change your oil regularly can lead to engine damage and costly repairs. So, make sure to prioritize oil changes as part of your vehicle maintenance routine.
What are the Signs That I Need an Oil Change?
Regular oil changes are essential for the longevity and performance of your vehicle. Here are some signs that indicate you need an oil change:
- Engine Warning Light - If the engine warning light comes on, it might be time for an oil change. This light indicates a problem with your engine, and low oil pressure could be the cause.
- Dark or Dirty Oil - Check your oil regularly by pulling out the dipstick. If the oil is dark and dirty, it's time for a change. Fresh oil should be golden brown and transparent.
- Strange Engine Noises - If you hear unusual sounds coming from your engine, it could be an indication that your oil is old and dirty.
- Exhaust Smoke - If you see smoke coming out of your exhaust, it could be a sign of a serious issue. Old, dirty oil could be the cause, so it's essential to get it checked out.
- Low Oil Level - If your oil level is low, it's time for a change. Your vehicle needs enough oil to function properly, and a low level could cause engine damage. It's crucial to get your oil changed regularly, and you should always follow your vehicle manufacturer's recommendations. At Ace Auto Repair, our ASE Certified Mechanics in West Jordan, Utah, can help you keep your vehicle running smoothly with our oil change services.
Typical types of oil contamination include air, water, fuel, soot deposits and debris such as engine particles. Each of these contaminants can lead to the degradation of your engine's lubricant.
Improve Fuel Economy by Decreasing Friction on Moving Parts in Your Engine. Call Ace Auto Repair to Schedule an Oil Change in West Jordan Utah.
Types of Oil Available at Ace Auto Repair
Affordable Oil Change Service in West Jordan, Utah
Engine oil quiets down engine noise as well as the shock produced by the moving parts. Varnish and carbon can also build up when the cleaning action of new oil is missing – the build-up of these compounds can be toxic to the engine. If you are looking for an oil change in West Jordan, Utah, look no further than Ace Auto Repair for ASE Certified auto repair services. Here are some of the types of oil change services provided by Ace Auto Repair:
- Conventional Oil. Conventional motor oil is inexpensive and a familiar for many drivers. If you don’t use your car a lot, conventional oil is a good option for you. People who don’t tow heavy loads with their cars, drive in extreme cold or heat, do a lot of short trips, use dirty or dusty roads often, or drive in any other form of extreme conditions, can use conventional motor oil.
- High-Mileage Oil. High-mileage oil helps keep vehicles that have been around for a long time in good condition. It protects the vehicle from the gradual loss of compression, oil leaks, and reduces oil burn off. If your car has 75,000 miles or more on it, consider getting high-mileage oil.
- Synthetic Blend Oil. As the name suggests, this oil type is a mixture of conventional and synthetic oil intended to find the middle ground between performance and protection. It’s designed for extreme driving conditions.
- Full Synthetic Oil. Commonly referred to as just ‘synthetic oil,’ this type of oil offers the highest level of performance and protection for your engine. It’s a special formulation of oil designed to provide the ultimate driving experience. It’s recommended, and sometimes required by many car manufacturers.
Ace Auto Repair Oil Change Service in West Jordan Utah
Take a look at what’s included in our Ace Auto oil change service:
Change or Replace:
- Oil with up to five quarts of quality motor oil
- Oil Filter
Key Components Inspection:
- Antifreeze/coolant reservoir levels
- Engine air filtration system
- Serpentine belts
- Brake fluid level (in transparent reservoirs)
- Wiper blades
- Exterior lights
- Chassis (lubricate when applicable)
Inspect and Fill:
- Tire pressure
- Transmission/transaxle fluid
- Differential/transfer case fluid
- Power steering fluid
- Windshield water fluid
Oil Change Service in West Jordan, Utah
Changing your engine oil isn’t the only thing we do. We also offer a variety of other auto mechanic services. These include Alignment, Air Filtration Services, Air Conditioning, Engine Repair Services, Drivetrain Services, Cooling System Services, Fuel Injector Cleaning, Inspection and Emissions, electrical repairs, and Windshield, Transmission repair, Tire, as well as Suspension Services.
If you find yourself in West Jordan Utah and you’re asking yourself where to get 'oil change near me', check out Ace Auto Repair for quality services. We even have an oil change loyalty program that includes an oil change coupon just for our loyal West Jordan, Utah customers. Join the Ace Auto Loyalty program and you save up to $15 on all future oil change services!