If you have a leak in your transmission, come to Ace Auto Repair in West Jordan, Utah! We are an auto shop dedicated to giving you the highest quality of service available. We guarantee all of our work 100%! In the event that you have discovered a transmission leak, visit our shop and we shall identify the problem so that we can repair it and get you safely back on the road as soon as possible.
The Importance in Fixing any Transmission Leaks
Transmission fluid is what lubricates various components in the transmission system portion of a car, and prevents problems such as corrosion or overheating from happening. The seals are cleaned, conditioned and lubricated by automatic transmission fluid. It also performs the function of hydraulic fluid. In the event your transmission fluid has developed a leak, the engine shall seize up and fail completely if the transmission fluid is depleted or even if it falls below a certain level.
Allowing the fluid to leak is an extremely common cause of your transmission breaking down.
Signs of a Transmission Leak
Sometimes, it can prove difficult to figure out that your transmission fluid is depleted due to a leak. The transmission may start slipping during gear shifts. You also might experience rough movements when shifting between gears. If you experience a drag upon shifting the gear forward or in reverse, the vehicle will take longer than usual to adjust and increase speed. The transmission temperature may also rise due to an increase in the friction. The transmission might also not start at all in some cases. Here are a few other signs that will help you determine a transmission fluid leak is indeed the case.
- You might discover dark spots or a puddle underneath your car on the floor of the garage or in your driveway.
- Transmission fluid is usually a bright red or green color depending on the brand. If you notice the color of transmission fluid has become a dark red or brown color then it’s a sign your fluid is low and needs to be changed.
- If your transmission fluid smells burnt, it’s another sign that it needs to be changed.
- An overheating engine and a transmission that takes too much time to start are also more signs of a leak.
- A fluid leak will also cause the engine to be smeared by the fluid and looking closer will allow you to confirm this.
- Low transmission fluid is almost certain due to a leak. Losing fluid is apparent since you will recognize the level of the fluid in the car drops frequently. (This will help you find out your transmission fluid must be changed.) You may use a dipstick to determine the possibility of a fluid leak.
What May Cause A Leak in Your Transmission Fluid
There are several different reasons your vehicle may be experiencing a leak in the transmission. Here are just a few things that may cause your car to have a transmission fluid leak:
- Pan bolts that are loose: After you have changed the filter, it is important to remember to tighten the pan bolts. A minor oversight such as this may cause leakage if left unaddressed.
- Your drain plugs are improperly secured: If you had your transmission fluid flushed out or changed the fluid in your transmission – but if the drain plugs are improperly secured upon completion– the fluids could leak out. Fixing this is easy for one of our transmission leak repair mechanic at Ace Auto if detected – if not repaired, it is possible your transmission may become severely damaged.
Estimating the Cost of Transmission Leak Repair in West Jordan
Simply put, the longer you put off fixing the leak in your transmission fluid – the more expensive it becomes to repair. Depending on the car’s make and model – The average cost of repair typically ranges from $100 to $200 or somewhere in the middle, depending upon the make and model of the car. The sooner you have your car repaired by our professional transmission leak repair mechanics at Ace Auto, it will prove better for your wallet, your car, and the environment as well. Transmission oil leak repair is not something to put off.
Ace Auto in Utah: Transmission Leak Repair Mechanics in West Jordan
Ace Auto Repair in Utah is the place to go to solve your transmission fluid problems. Pay attention to a transmission fluid leak – only your money and vehicle will suffer as the issue becomes inoperable. The expertise, knowledge, and experience of our professional technicians at Ace Auto Repair is recognized all over Salt Lake Valley and we provide our valuable customers with all kinds of auto repairs to solve any service problems you might have with your vehicle. We offer honest and affordable service and guarantee all of our work! Contact Ace Auto Repair today to make an appointment to stop by our shop in West Jordan by calling 801-447-1693, or utilize our online form for a repair quote totally free of charge!