Wondering where to get quality and affordable auto repair services in West Jordan, UT? Ace Auto is a family-owned and operated repair shop that specializes in auto repairs for cars and trucks of all makes and models. We not only have modern tools but also ASE certified mechanics to ensure that all our services meet your needs. Over the years that we have been operational, we have earned a reputation of offering fast, friendly, reliable and honest services as well as providing guarantees for our work. Call Ace Auto Repair Utah today for a free, written repair estimate.
Do I Have to Repair My Car at the Dealership to Maintain the Factory Warranty?
If you buy a new car in Utah, you might be wondering if you need to service it at a dealership in order to keep your warranty valid. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, says no. In fact, it's illegal for a dealer to deny your warranty coverage simply because you had routine maintenance or repairs performed by a local auto repair shop.
Why Choose Ace Auto Repair for Scheduled Car Maintenance?
Our auto repair shop aims to offer quality services that match our customers’ expectations. We provide a broad range of repair services including brake repair, electrical repair, engine repair, transmission repair, A/C repair, and computer systems among others. We also have the necessary expertise and experience to service various luxury brands. Apart from repairs, we have high quality towing services at the best prices. Other benefits of factory scheduled maintenance with Ace Auto include:
- Avoid costly, inconveniencing and frequent breakdowns
- Fast and reliable services to minimize disruptions to your schedule
- Access experienced ASE certified technicians for quality services
- Quality replacement parts for your vehicle
- We are a family-owned and operated business
- Superior customer service from our advisers and technicians
The Recommended Car Maintenance Schedule:
In order to keep your car in good working condition, most manufacturers recommend that you have a number of items inspected, changed or replaced regularly. This should be done at 30,000, 60,000 and 90,000 miles. However, the service interval will depend on the type of the vehicle.
- Oil and oil filter – as your engine runs, engine oil becomes contaminated with dirt, debris, dust, and carbon. Changing both the oil and oil filter will ensure better engine lubrication, cool engine components, improve gas mileage and promote vehicle longevity.
Car Maintenance before 30,000 miles
- Air filter – a clogged or worn out air filter will affect the quantity and quality of air that makes its way to the engine. This will give the engine more work by preventing proper fuel combustion. It is important to replace the air filter between 15,000 and 30,000 miles and after every 15,000 miles if you drive in dusty areas.
- Fuel filter – a clogged fuel filter will prevent your engine from running smoothly or starting. It would be important to get our experts to check your fuel filter and get rid of any harmful contaminants that may affect its functioning.
Car Maintenance before 60,000 Miles
- Battery – most batteries are designed to wear out, with factors such as age, extreme temperatures and extended periods of non-use shortening their working life. You should change your car battery after every 50,000 to 60,000 miles.
- Brake fluid, brake pads, and brake rotors – in order to keep your brakes working efficiently, you should have old fluid replaced with new brake fluid every 20,000 to 45,000 miles. You should also have your brake pads checked regularly and get them replaced if they are worn out. Brake repair will also involve re-surfacing your warped brake rotors after 60,000 miles.
- Coolant – the coolant, a mixture of water and antifreeze, prevents damage by keeping your engine from overheating. Your coolant should be replaced at 60,000 miles, with the mechanic flashing the entire cooling system before replacing it.
- Transmission fluid – monitoring your transmission fluid levels regularly will ensure that your transmission does not burn up. While healthy fluid will be pink in color and have a sweet smell, the fluid that needs to be replaced will be dark red and smell burnt. The lifespan of your transmission fluid will depend on whether you have a manual or automatic transmission.
Car Maintenance before 90,000 Miles
- Hoses – every time your car approaches six-figure mileage, you should get the hoses checked to ensure that they are not aged, cracked or burst.
- Power steering fluid – power steering fluid should be flushed and replaced when your steering becomes hard, makes excessive noise or at 75,000 miles.
- Spark plugs – you will see the “check engine” light on your dash when important ignition components such as spark plugs fail. You could also have trouble starting the car or experience rough running. The frequency with which you change your spark plugs will depend on the type you buy.
- Timing belt – in case your car has a timing belt as opposed to a timing chain, you will have to get it changed after every 75,000 miles. This will help you prevent damage and avoid costly repairs.
Call Ace Auto Today for Scheduled Car Maintenance Services in Utah
Failure to work with a reliable auto repair shop may result in your car breaking down frequently and eventually a shorter working life for your vehicle. At Ace Auto Repair in Utah, we make it easy for you to access quality and affordable services by offering financing options, accepting insurance and offering a satisfaction guarantee. Schedule an appointment today to enjoy the peace of mind that comes with factory scheduled maintenance. Give us a call at 801-803-6016 to receive a free repair quote.