Ace's Automotive Maintenance Tips
- Have tire wear, fluid levels, and exterior lights checked regularly.
- Perform oil changes every 3 months or 3,000 miles, which ever comes first.
- Perform cooling system services, transmission services, and rear differential services every 2 years or 20,000 miles, or as recommended by your service manual. These services are best performed during the spring and fall seasons.
- Do not ignore your vehicle's warning lights; they light up for a reason. Warning lights may be yellow in color to signify the need for attention soon, or may be red to signify the need for immediate attention.
- A Check Engine light, often yellow in color, may signify a potential mechanical, electrical, or computer failure. Check Engine lights may be related to vehicle emissions, which can result in lowered gas mileage.
- Check Engine lights may or may not be accompanied by drivability problems such as sputtering, rough idle, or loss of power.
- An Oil, Brake, or Coolant light, red in color, may signify the need for immediate attention due to a low fluid level, or a mechanical or hydraulic failure in that system. These types of problems may be accompanied by other symptoms such as a puddle of fluid underneath the vehicle.
- Regardless of the warning light or color, pay attention to what your vehicle tells you. Refer to your owner's manual or call Ace Auto Repair at (801) 803-6016 for questions. This will help to ensure the safety and longevity of your vehicle